My favourite music videos
I haven't posted anything for a while...which means...I still have nothing to say (and no time to say it).
So, here my list of top music videos! (That would be a funny statement if were coming from a joyfully exuberant dinosaur.)
In no order than the order I typed them:
Daft Punk - Da Funk
"Yo, that's a good song!" It is a damn funky song. The video features Charles, a humanoid dog enjoying a "Big City Night" while blasting the tune from his boombox. You end up really feeling for Charles when he can't get on the bus due to his radio.
Daft Punk - Around The World
It takes me a lot of beer to get me to dance. But pop in this tune, and I'll be doing the 'robot astronaut' in no time.
Beastie Boys - Sabotage
Aviators, cheesy stache's, non-stop action. These boys know how to kick it.
Matthew Good Band - Apparitions
I love this video for it's amazing ability to capture LIFE, real life, real people, one real night. And life isn't always pretty.
Foo Fighters - Everlong
Some good laughs here. Nothing like the freedom of dreamin'.
The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army
Although it may be obvious, it is true: this video is mesmerizing. It captures the viewer without offering too many interesting visuals. The power of simplicity.
Radiohead - Karma Police
Another video that explores the power of simplicity.
Radiohead - Just
Somewhat frustrating, very much alluring.
Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees
A video that explores the same themes as the song. And for those of us in suburbia, the "fake plastic" life hits close to home.
Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence
A man walking alone through various landscapes, holding a lawn chair, wearing a robe and a crown. Sounds silly, but the visuals are very powerful.
Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares 2 U
In a bit of different vein, but I won't deny that this video is truly captivating. She is beautiful, has a beautiful voice, and performs the song beautifully.
Jamiroquai - Virtual Insanity
One of the most memorable videos from the 90's. Not one that makes you think, makes you feel - it just makes you say 'Cool'.
Smashing Pumpkins - 1979
Another video that captures 'life' perfectly. The song and video have a very nostalgic feel to them. Anyone who was a teenager should be able to relate.
Honourable mention:
Chemical Brothers - Star Guitar
While compiling this list, I was browsing a Top 100 Music Videos of All Time list to be sure that I didn't forget any of my fav's, I discovered this gem. And my God, Michel Gondry has outdone himself. Just, watch it.
Also, for those keeping track, I think about half the videos I listed are directed by Michel Gondry. What a guy.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home