Quickie on 10-pin bowling
So, I went 10 pin bowling with my "office". We were 12 males, all older than me (with one equal in age to me, myself). And all...well, geeks. But not geeks as in "I carry around a book called the Physics of Star Trek, wear a spaghetti stained t-shirt and have bad B.O." type of geek. (As opposed to good b.o.). These are geeks who are older, a little more mellow, don't wear promo shirts from some software convention. But still geeks at heart.
My thoughts:
- The rum and eggnog with lunch was good addition to any day.
- The guy who said "Oh, I've never bowled before" was easily the best. He's also never lied before, or so he claims.
- That Grandma over in lane 11 sure can roll. Kind of pathetic, the rest of us...or me.
- This fat dude in lane 6 is fat. Haha, what a bowler!
- I'm proud of myself. Not for my bowling skills, but for resisting the temptation to recite lines from The Big Lebowski. (And saying them to myself in my head doesn't count!)
- Not to be mean, but these geeks...brought their Nintendo DS's and were playing multiplayer Tetris between turns. Wow, I'm not that geeky...
- But I was geeky enough to jokingly comment on the little bowling computer terminals, "Hey, I wonder if you can put linux on these things!" (Hint: For the non geeky (everyone besides Johnny), geeks like to say that about things like cell phones, iPod's, anything computer like).
- But one guy was geeky enough to agree, saying the motif looked a lot more like GTK than Windows. (Again, geeky computer programmer stuff).
- I'm switching to the "Ladies" ball. Dammit, it's lighter and easier to throw. And a nice purple colour.
- I don't remember going bowling in high school gym class, but some kids get to. Lucky them. (And dammit Kevin, don't check out the high school girls! Or talk to yourself in third person!).
- Oh crap, everyone else is done their game, and I'm the last one rolling. Boss says "C'mon, finish off with a couple strikes". I may not be a good bowler, but I AM good at following directions. Bam...one strike. Next ball, was close. A corner pin left. But, I pegged it off, and ended decently.
- My fingers and wrist hurts. And those balls sure are damn huge and heavy. (That's what she said. High five-ah?)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home